Tuesday, March 28, 2006

20 Years!!

20 Years ago I started working with my Dad at Data Systems West, a DEC and Data Products Marketing / Distribution company. 20 Years ago my dad sent me to Boston to become certified as a technician for Leading Edge PC's and IBM Clone. 20 Years ago I started installing 2 station Novell NetWare Networks in Video Stores across the Front Range in Colorado. We used VideoTrace Software that ran with BTRIEVE and Novell. Later on Btrieve out of Austin Texas merged with Novell.

I worked my career around PC's and Novell Networking Products. In 1990 I moved to Utah after I got hired in Novell's Tech Support. I spent 15 awesome years at Novell.
PC's, and Novell NetWare are the two technologies that have impacted my life more than any other technologies. It's been fun.

Take a look at these articles:
20 Years of Networking.
20 People who changed the Industry
20 of the Most important stories in the past 20 years
$20 dollar buys you... then and now

- Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home