Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Still working with Novell Technologies... and then some.

So.. I got laid off... now what am I keeping busy with you ask?

I am very lucky. Immediately after being laid off I started people networking with all my former contacts and customers . I am very happy I was transferred from one of the Novell Main offices in Utah three years ago. Being one of the few Novell employees here in Denver instead of one of the many in Utah helped. That was actually part of the plan. I saw the turbulance ahead for Novell early on. I communicated to my boss that I would love to start working as a field engineer in Denver which is where I grew up. I knew that I would meet lots of Novell customers (not as many as I had hoped) and I would start a relationship.

It's word of mouth that got me where I am presently. I'm an independant consultant and I have one main customer and one on the side. I've signed a contract for the next year working with one of the Colorado State Agencies. I get to work with an important Novell customer with eDirectory, NetWare, GroupWise, and even SuSE Linux with SLES9. So all the things I was working with before I am still working on now. However now I don't get bombarded with phone calls and I actually get to work on projects. I'm even working with Microsoft Networking and other technologies which is great for me.

Life is still great! I do miss my old job, but I'm definately keeping busy!
- Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home