Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I can Ski better than I can walk!

Last Saturday I went skiing to Copper Mountain. I've been skiing since my Dad taught me how when I was five! But what made this particular ski trip sweeter than most, is that it's the first time I went skiing since breaking my hip last March of 2005.

Last March I broke my hip walking across a parking lot! Ya.. I know... it's a pretty stupid way to break a hip - and at my young age in my early 40's! I was on my way to Novell Brainshare 2005 driving from Denver to Salt Lake City, but stopped in Fruita Colorado. I tripped over this black and yellow concrete block which was painted the same color as the parking lot and it was dark. Well... enough of that.

Back to skiing - I was very nervous to get back on the skis and the first run was a little shakey. But I was so surprised on how well I can ski! My body and legs knew just what to do. I still occasionally use a cane to walk and I can't even run, but I sure can ski!

I just had to share this... Pretty cool!

... of course the day after I was very sore!

- Bill

1 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Congratulations on getting your groove back.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home